Skip to main content

Does a motion with the uninsured workman comp fund in NJ pay back wages also besides treatment?

Toms River, NJ |

My company has no workman comp insurance & I had too hire an attorney. He will be filing a motion with the workman uninsured fund in NJ..
I tried several times to contact him on finding out this question but he is not returning my calls.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The NJ Uninsured Fund pays for Temp disability and medical treatment. The uninsured Fund does not pay for any permanent injury. The fund will not pay until ordered to do so by a judge and only after the court has established that there is no insurance coverage for the respondent. The mere filing of the claim to join the uninsured fund does not commence payments. Typically several months will pass as the insurance issues must be completely resolved. At that point the fund has the right to take over and direct treatment.


In all states except Texas where I practice, employers are required to have Worker's Compensation insurance and what you are using to your attorney in this case is a backup to that when the requirements fails. There are limits set in place on what can be recovered from such backup funds. I suggest that you put your concerns to the attorney in writing and ask for an office meeting to get the answers clarify. But he not be able to give you clear answers yet, so be patient.


Employer are required in most states to have workers' compensation insurance. I suggest that you contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney who will meet with you for a free consultation.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Hedrick Law Firm is a workers’ compensation firm located in Wilmington, NC, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 910-343-1432. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer