Does a "partially sealed" 160.55 violation mean I don't have to disclose on a job application?

Jersey City, NJ |

I am applying for a public job that asks if I have been convicted of any offense, which specifically includes felonies, misdemeanors and violations. However, it also says that you DO NOT have to disclose any material sealed, expunged, or set aside. I got a violation for littering a few months ago, but it should be sealed under 160.55 since it's only a violation. The court told me I would just pay the fine and have no criminal record. Since a 160.55 is a "partial seal," is it ok if I don't disclose this information on the job application? Or should I call the court and check to make sure that it is in fact sealed?

There is no such thing as a "partial seal" of anything, That's like someone saying they are partially pregnant, it is either sealed or it's not, and it does NOT happen automatically. You need to retain counsel to determine what the status is and to seek an EXPUNGEMENT.

Leonard R. Boyer, Esq. 201-.675-.5577. Please be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.