Skip to main content

Does 1 DUI constitute a referral On a 601 waiver

Houston, TX |
Attorney answers 4


It depends on your current status but normally it does not.



It was in 2002,9 years ago as well. No other criminal records. We have an extensive waiver prepared by our attorney, just wanted others insure. Thanks


A DUI COULD (not usually) lead to a basis to deny an application on health grounds. Alcoholism is a medical condition that could be a ground of inadmissibility requiring a waiver.


I agree with my colleagues. It is advisable you contact an experienced immigration attorney who can exaine your criminal and immigration history before your scheduled 601 waiver appointment set for December.

Even without this DUI. I would still suggest you have an attorney examine your immigration file before such an interview. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Yes, we have been previously informed by consulate officials that people with convictions generally will not be approved under the pilot program. However, we have a new officer in charge in Juarez and now that Mr. Warren Jensen is no longer there, we are seeing changes. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer