Skip to main content

Does "prior spouse" term in i-130 form include terminated legal marriage in other countries?

Tucson, AZ |

Does "Prior Spouse" term in "Petitioner" field in i-130 form include terminated legal marriage in other countries or is it just for US licensed marriages?
Do we need to provide translated termination documents if it's been terminated in a Non-US court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. You need to provide properly translated divorce decrees for all prior spouses.


You need to include any and all marriages. Any foreign language document needs to be translated to English.


Yes, you must reveal all prior marriages.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer