Skip to main content

Documents for n-400 after vawa

Altamonte Springs, FL |

I am ready to apply for citizenship after approved vawa green card 3 years ago. Should I add to my documents 3 years of tax returns? I also have a baby with my current girlfriend (we are not marry yet), should I add the baby birth certificate? Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

You do not need to enclose your tax returns to your application , but you need to bring it to the interview .


There is no difference in naturalization path, based on the reason for which you become an LPR.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


If you read the USCIS instructions to the N-400 form, you will see a list of the documents you must attach to your application. Go to, click on 'forms' and look at the instructions there. Good Luck!

The comments made on this site by Brenman Law Firm, PLLC of Chapel Hill, North Carolina are not legal advice. This information is provided as a public service and is intended as general guidance only. We require an initial consultation and a signed retainer agreement before we represent our clients.


Floow the directions carefully or have a professional ( immigration attorney ) prepare for you. No need to enclose the birth certificate but you should bring to the interview.


There is a general list of documents included in the instructions to the form N-400, however, you may need other documents, based on the individual details of your case. It is always best to hire an immigration attorney to avoid mistakes on the front end.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.