Skip to main content

Doctor Notes For Car Accident Injury Claim

San Antonio, TX |

I no longer have an attorney. I went to the doctor a few times regarding my injuries, but they downplayed them the last few times by saying they didn't think my problems (leg and knee pain) were the result of my car accident. I've never had these pains before the accident.

The x-rays did show injury, but I never got an MRI or had my head examined (I did receive head injury at the time of the accident). I am overweight and believe the doctors were just discriminating as I've been discriminated against plenty of times in the past. The problem is that I no longer have an attorney and the insurance company is asking for doctor notes before they make an offer.

Is there anything I can do about this to at least get the insurance company to pay the doctor bills I have incurred since the accident

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Unlikely the insurance company will offer a (reasonable) settlement without the notes you reference. Insurance companies rarely, if ever, make a reasonable offer when someone does not have an attorney; let alone a qualified personal injury litigation attorney. Try other counsel. Most people are genuinely surprised when they learn the truth about negligence claims - Most People Are Not Treated Fairly. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


One thing you can do is get the notes and give them to them. As for what you can do to make them give an offer, there is not much you can do without an attorney. They can just keep running you in circles until the limitations period runs, you give up, or you hire a new lawyer.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.


Best bet is to get a new attorney who can send you to a good doctor to get properly evaluated.


Without your medical records the insurance company will never settle anything. Get the records and submit them to the insurance company.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


You need to look for a new attorney.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You should consult with a new attorney as soon as possible. You are going to have difficulty getting any settlement offers without your medical records. You should request the records and provide them to your new attorney so he can prepare a demand package to send to the insurance company.


You should seek new legal counsel immediately. Time is of the essence on legal claims, especially auto accidents. It is difficult to deal with insurance companies on your own, and if you do settle on your own without an attorney, it may be only to find out later that it was a very unreasonable price compared to your injuries and damages. 
Kristina L. Combs
Attorney at Law, Military Veteran
The Law Firm of Kristina L. Combs, PLLC
PH: (210) 998-5745. Fax: (210) 998-5746
The information contained in this electronic mail message is attorney privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at 210-998-5745 or by reply email and delete this message. Do not copy or distribute it to anyone other than the intended recipient.
Please note that consultations do not initiate an attorney-client relationship or any representation by our law firm. In order to receive representation from our law firm and obtain an attorney-client relationship, you will need a fee agreement contract signed by the Attorney.


One thing is clear that the insurance company will not settle your case without a compadent attorney representing you. Therefore, you should make an effort to retain a new lawyer as soon as possible.


You need a new attorney, who can send you to a good doctor.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer