Skip to main content

Doctor left alot of the placenta in my stomach can I sue?

Middleboro, MA |

In December 2010 I gave birth to my first child. A week after I went in for a check-up. I told them I had some cramping and I was in pain, they said this was normal and that I was fine. A week later it got to the point where I couldn't get out of bed so I went to the hospital. They said my white blood count was high so I had an infection. They diagnosed it with being Mastitis. (A breast infection). I was treated and sent home. Two weeks later I was still sick and went into the doctors office where they gave me an unltrasound and found the placenta. So a month and a half later after the birth of my child I had to get a DNC surgery. And I still experience stomach pain that I didn't ever have prior to the surgery.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In any medical malpractice, you need to prove that the doctor breached what is known as the "standard of care" to establish negligence. To prove that a doctor violated the standard of care, you generally need expert testimony--generally, the testimony of another doctor. Once you are able to prove negligence, you have to prove damages. Because medical malpractice cases are so expensive, the damages generally need to be fairly high in order for an attorney to justify the economic risk of taking the case. I would suggest that you consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your state, who can then review your medical records and begin investigating whether you might have a case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer