Skip to main content

Docs require for L2 Travel at POE

Herndon, VA |

I just got dependent visa(L2) stamped based on spouse's L1 (I-797)
what documents should i generally carry while entering US, do i need to carry original L-1 I-797 approval notice or copy is good.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you are not a Canadian citizen you will need the L-2 visa. Other than that a copy of your spouses L-1 visa and I-94 card or printout from cup website. A copy of I -797 is fine with the other documents. Marriage certificate would be helpful also. A copy of your husbands recent pay statement and a letter for his employer would be helpful. This may be overkill bit why take a chance is my philosophy. Good luck.


passport with visa in it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer