Skip to main content

DOB issue

Upper Marlboro, MD |

My fiancee had applied for F1 visa in the past and was denied. We did not know each other then. While filing spousal immigration, I realized that he used the wrong birthday in the past while applying. Do we continue to use this wrong dob or use the correct on now. Thank you

He had the wrong dob on his international passport. Does he apply for a new passport now. Will that not become supicious at the embassy? Birth certificate has correct dob but passport has wrong year. Instead of 1980 has 1983.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


No, you use the correct dob.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


use the correct one and if issues come up, you will explain. Working with an experienced attorney certainly makes things easier.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


No. You must absolutely use the correct birth date.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Use the correct one but explain that an incorrect one was use din the past -- use an addendum if necessary.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law


In all immigration matters, the questions asked must be answered truthfully. Documents with the wrong date must be corrected.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Use the correct one

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104