Skip to main content

Do you need a lawyer to file a durable P.O.A? Or fill out durable P.O.A.with witness & notary signature ?

Valdosta, GA |

Needing to take care of health decisions and paying Moms bills is a durable power of attorney what I need?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need a durable power of attorney for financial matters as well as a P.O.A. for the Health Care. They are two separate documents. You may be able to get a P.O.A. from a hospital near you. Regarding the P.O.A. for financial matters, there are a lot of different forms out there and the power you are given can be broad or more narrow. It can be effective immediately or only upon incapacity. It is best to see a lawyer to help draft a POA for financial matters.
Both should be notarized.


In Georgia you need a durable power of attorney for financial matters and a Healthcare Directive for medical issues.

The POA requires a witness and notary and the HD requires two witness signatures.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.
Lisa Glauber Shippel, Esq.
Rolader & Shippel, P.C.
11660 Alpharetta Highway, Suite 630
Roswell, GA 30076

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer