Skip to main content

Do you have to live in the area to attend a certain school?

Callahan, FL |

I live in Callahan and I really want to attend Hilliard Middle Senior High school. My moms afraid she will be arrested for enrolling me in the wrong school like another mother she saw on the news awhile ago. So I was wondering could I still attend HMSHS even though I live in Callahan? Its the same county, just different schools.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are attending a public school, you have to go the the school that your address is zoned for, unless you obtain a waiver. They are difficult to obtain. If you want to determine the criteria for waiver, contact the county administrative offices for the school district.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******


Each school has boundry lines that cover it. You need to find out if the address where you are living is within that school's boundry lines. Being in the same county does not necessarily mean that you would be able to go to that school. Each district in Florida has there own rules on this so check that out.

Every case is different do not rely upon this information until you have actually spoken to an attorney of your choice so that all of the facts can be reviewed.


You can usually get a waiver in Nassau County. You will need permission from Dr. Tilley, the principal of HMSH, who can be reached at (904) 845-2171.

If this information has been helpful, please check the thumbs up tab below. Disclaimer: The above is intended to give you some insight into various legal topics. This information is not intended as legal advice, but rather an attempt to provide helpful topical information. Although I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about representing you, we have not established an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship requires me to agree in writing to represent you. Unless that happens, you should not take anything I say or write to be legal advice about your situation or make any decisions based on it. It is very important that you consult a lawyer as to the specific circumstances of your case. If there are more facts that you overlooked and did not include in your initial question and you would like to email me, you may send an email to Of course, sending an email to me or my firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. We do not accept client representations by email. We do not always treat unsolicited information received by email from our website as confidential unless you have first confirmed that we do not have a conflict of interest. Please do not send us any information about a potential representation until you communicate with us to find out if we have a conflict of interest with the adversary in your particular case. As a rule, we do not represent institutions against consumers so there is usually not a conflict of interest when it comes to consumer protection but it is always safe to be sure. If you send me an email without checking to ensure there is no conflict, you also agree that our review of your email or any information in it, even if you submitted it in a good faith effort to retain us, and even if you consider it confidential, will not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could and will be used against you. Sorry for all of the legal words but I like to be up front with potential clients and my clients. Best regards, Steven M. Fahlgren Attorney, Arbitrator and Certified Circuit Civil Mediator Law Offices of Steven M. Fahlgren, P.A. Phone: (904) 845-2255 Phone: (407) 852-1711

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer