Skip to main content

Do you do debt consolidation?

Auburn, CA |

I have $97000+ in credit card debt, I have contacted another fire, would like to know if I am doing the right thing?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Have you considered bankruptcy ?

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.


Have you considered debt settlement? Debt consolidation lumps your debt and negotiates on the interest. Debt settlement will get you out for much less with a reduction in principal. My firm and others on Avvo offer free consultations in person and by phone.


Many bankruptcy attorneys do help you with debt consolidation. One of the marks of a good BK lawyer is that they talk about options besides bankruptcy. Most people end up filing Chapter 13 because the process is certain and you end up saving money, but you should definitely contact a local bankruptcy lawyer to discuss your options.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship or imply that I am licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. It is merely for informational purposes. You should contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer