Do we have free speech anymore? Alex Jones is running a free speech protest right now off Main st.

Dallas, TX |

Do we have free speech anymore? Alex Jones is running a free speech protest right now off Main st. Where is our 1st amendment and what is with all the restrictions?

Are you venting or asking a legal question? Who is Alex Jones, and if this person is doing a "free speech protest" doesn't that mean free speech is alive and well to enable him to carry it out?

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Yep. The First Amendment is still in force.

What about Alex Jones' makes you think that it is not? The government has the ability to keep law and order. Was he stopped from interupting the Kennedy memorial service? Was that unreasonable?

To get a meaningful answer on this forum, Dallas, you need to state the facts and ask a question, both. One without the other does not give us enough information to help you.

Freedom of speech has NEVER been absolute.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Avvo is not a sounding board for this kind of stuff. Consult a Constitutional Law textbook or ask a valid question.

My answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or establish any attorney-client relationship.