Skip to main content

Do we have a malpractice case or neglagence case?

Greenville, SC |

My grandson was circumcisized,which they placed a plastic bell on his private,said it should fall off in 3 to 5 days.well it didn't, baby is cryin every time he urinate,which let's us know he's in pain. so we took him to er last night,they didn't know what to do.they had to call someone who worked with the person who performed the circumcision ,they took tweezlers and pulled it off,it started to bleed.they could not get the string off ,due to the fact it had grown in the skin,so they are sending us to a specialist who's suppose to call in the we need to talk to an attorney?

+ Read More

Filed under: Medical malpractice
Attorney answers 5


Damages are going to be an issue even if malpractice did occur. If your son did suffer significant injury and/or derangement consult an attorney.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Probably not yet. For now, make sure he is appropriately treated and get another medical opinion as to whether the circumcision was done correctly. If still concerned after that, call a malpractice lawyer.


I think that is is too soon to tell if the child sustained enough of an injury to substantiate the damages necessary to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit. However, if you find out that the injuries/damages worsen or if this problem results in disfigurement or permanent damage, consult a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible.


Get the proper medical attention first, then a local med mal lawyer can investigate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Take care of the medical condition. Then contact and consult with a medical malpractice attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer