Do the police need a warrant to seize and search my cell phone on hearsay?

Vancouver, WA |

can the police seize my cell phone and search it with out giving me a copy of a warrant?

Warrant is not needed if its a traffic stop. If its a home search, you are supposed to get a copy of the warrrant even if its after the fact. See the below Cases

Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

Curt Harrington
(562) 594-9784
http://patentax.com/curt/index.html

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

In Maine the police would need a search warrant even if it is a traffic stop unless you give consent.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.