Do tenant and landlord lawyer get pay when the case wins? If not how can I get a lawyer for my case and get the money when I win

Eatontown, NJ |

How much does it cost to hire a lawyer to represent me to get my tenant out of my house? She is only here for 7 days & she violate the contract agreement and do not want to pay her rent in full and demand her money back and harassing me or else she is not moving. If she decided to move out it will be on her term, not mine. What can I do to get her out?

In a non payment case you can go and file at the L/T without further notice.

I agree with Mr. Schutz. If the tenant is not paying, go to the landlord tenant court and file a complaint for eviction.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Do I need a lawyer for that? What if the tenant has a lawyer?

I did file an evition, but she didn't come back but her stuffs still here. She said she leave whenever she wants. she refused to return the key to the house and refused to move her stuffs out but coming and going anytime she want but not sleeping in the house and she claims that is not living and renting my place. she refused to let me know where her new address is. where the eviction going to be serve when no one know where she is?

Michael T Millar

Michael T Millar

You do not need a lawyer to file for eviction for non-payment of rent - but having a lawyer is always helpful. If you filed for eviction, did you go to court and get a judgment for possession? If so, did you send it to the court officer so that he or she may serve it and effectuate the eviction?