Skip to main content

Do old misdemeanor charges show up after being on parole, constitute a violation?

San Antonio, TX |

Warrants being reissued for 2008 Misdemeanor Hot check were reissued after I was released from Prison on Parole, went to prison in 2008 and released in 2012. The county had a hold on me for two years then released the warrant, now reissued, my question is if I plead in absentia and pay the restitution are these issued going to revoke my parole or cause a problem with my parole, Please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Most likely NOT since the crime occurred before you were placed on parole.


While these should not affect your parole status because they apparently occurred prior to you even entering prison and certainly before you were granted parole, THE BIGGER ISSUE HERE IS WHETHER THE STATE IS BARRED FROM PROSECUTING YOU ON THE HOT CHECKS ALL TOGETHER. I would not just go in there and plea to them. Give me a call and I will be happy to discuss the issues in your case regarding whether you might have a statute of limitations issue or a violation of your right to a speedy trial. I do not have enough information from your post to adequately address them at this point, but I do believe you need to rule out those options as possible defenses before taking a plea.

This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with a criminal defense attorney.


Sometimes old cases bubble up to the surface many years later. What's important here are the dates of the offenses. I would say that it won't affect your parole unless some of the checks popping up were written after your parole began. They really just want you to behave while you're on parole.

The Traylor Law Firm's answer via attorney David L. Traylor on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The firm offers free consultations to discuss your case at its downtown location in the Adolphus Tower. Call 214-382-0900 to make an appointment or feel free to visit the firm's website at for more information.