Do misdameanor warrants go away

Lansing, MI |

i live in lansing and i was on the warrant list about 4 years ago and as of today my name is knowhere to be found on the list why is my name not on the list anymore ? and the list is updated weekly .i have a couple of problems that needs to be adressed i would like some leagal help i will be starting a job within the next few weeks and im willing to to pay for leagal help so please comment back if interested any a lawyers in my area

Warrants do not magically "go away." Contact a good criminal defense attorney who can look into the matter and give you advice that is tailored to your specific circumstances and needs.

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

have you found help yet?

The simple answer to your question is NO, misdemeanor warrants just don't go away without some reason. More information is needed in your particular case to find out the status of your warrant. You can call the criminal clerk in the court of issuance to find out. But, you don't want to turn yourself in or make any statements about the alleged underlying crime(s) to anyone without an experienced criminal defense attorney at your side.

THE WOLF LAW FIRM would be available to assist in this matter after a formal consultation to obtain all necessary facts and review all pertinent documents. An attorney-client relationship with THE WOLF LAW FIRM or Answering Attorney is not established until and if a written engagement agreement is executed by all parties and an agreed upon retainer is tendered. In the meantime, please consider this response as a general answer for the benefit and entertainment of the public. We wish you the best. Thank you. TheWolfLawFirm.com

Alan Sanders Richard

Alan Sanders Richard

I agree completely.

Warrants don't just disappear. Hire an attorney to conduct a more thorough search into the matter and help you address this warrant.

Warrants just do not g away or disappear. Try calling the court clerk to see if you are still in the system. Do not attempt to turn yourself in or make any statements to anyone about the case without first consulting with a lawyer.

actually there are times in which the system will get purged. this actually requires the court clerk and the prosecutor's office to communicate with them regarding old cases. how old is your case? I know you said the warrant was out there for years ago but that was the case with issues? it would probably be best to have an attorney research this and find out exactly where the cases and if it is still pending. this should not cost very much for you to do.

If you're looking for an attorney on Avvo, try the "Find a Lawyer" tab. You can search only within your area and start making calls based on the info given on profiles. Many attorneys are willing to negotiate fees with you. It's more effective to do a search than to hope someone in your area is answering these types of questions. Good luck!