Skip to main content

Do ineed the interlock device?

Severna Park, MD |
Attorney answers 3


If you blew a .20, your attorney mist convince the judge to take no action which means that there was a problem with the MVA's case. This is a complicated area of the law and is difficult to win. If the judge concludes that you violated 16-205.1, then your options are one year interlock or 90 day suspension.

This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege since this is a public forum. The information provided does not create an attorney-client relationship. No communications with me on this forum shall be construed as arising out of an attorney-client relationship. If a client needs specific legal advice or opinions, he or she should retain counsel for advice or to undertake representation.


First the mva needs to be able to prove certain things at an mva hearing ( if requested) assuming the mva can make their case you could elect to take an outright suspension or as an alternative take the ignition interlock system. An attorney can represent you at the mva hearing and try to get the mva to take no action against your license

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.