Do individual accrued deductibles and out of pocket expenses transfer to cobra policies? The event is due to divorce.

Warrenton, VA |

My insurance company, Care First Blue Cross Blue Shield have stated they cannot figure out how to transfer this information to my new policy. They suggested I appeal...

Great question. Not sure an appeal is the answer. Insurance companies must deal with this all the time and it should be covered by federal law that covers cobra. My understanding is that cobra is the same policy, you are just paying for it rather than the employer and you may be paying an additional premium on top of it. Therefore, the current amounts that you have paid should stay with the policy. I would be interested to see what my colleagues have to say in response. Best of luck.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.