Skip to main content

Do I wait about settling in totaled car portion of settlement?

Gadsden, AL |

My 17 year old was rearended Tuesday. Insurance company is totaling her car. My daughter and her friend were injured and sent to ER. She's ok, just still hurting pretty bad, cervical strain and got her in a cervical collar and is to follow up with neurosurgeon in a week to be rechecked. Her friend has a broken nose and concussion. My question is, if you can help me, the insurance company for the boy who hit her has made a decent offer for her car, but I was going to meet with a lawyer Tuesday just to make sure we are headed the right direction with her being injured. I just want to make sure we get reimbursed for her follow up care. Do I need to wait about signing over the totaled car? Insurance agent said the medical side/payment side was separate of car

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Your daughter and her friend are not "ok"; hopefully, they will be. Stop speaking to insurance companies. Get an attorney to advocate for you (the friend should too). Seek out someone local and qualified in personal injury litigation.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Please contact an attorney asap. Sometimes releases for cars can have language that also releases injury claims. I am licensed in Alabama and would love to help out. I will answer any questions you may have even if you decide to hire another attorney. Please go to my website at My cell is listed on my website. Call anytime.



Thank you I appreciate that. We really just want to make sure my daughters rights and care are protected in this whole thing.

Frederick J. Moore III

Frederick J. Moore III


I understand your concern. We handle many cases for minors and it is very important that they get better and get compensated. I can answer any questions you may have. No attorney commitment necessary if you don't want me to represent your daughters. Call my cell anytime. -Fred


While the property damage portion of your claim and the bodily injury portion are separate, both should be handled by an experienced attorney. I would be happy to talk with you about this tomorrow. I handle accident cases all over the State. I used to have an office in Gadsden, but I moved my office to Gulf Shores. I still handle cases in the Gadsden area. (251) 285-3425.

“No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.” The information provided by Attorney Christopher A. Callghan, LLC, is not to be construed as legal advice. If you need legal advice, consider hiring Attorney Callaghan or another attorney. Furthermore, no attorney-client relationship exists between you and Christopher A. Callaghan, LLC.


A personal injury lawyer will handle both the injury and property damage, so contact a personal injury lawyer today.


It's good you're seeing a lawyer soon. Make sure it's somebody who knows what he is doing. Remember even the most credible insurance reps work for their companies, and they are not going to advise you against their company's interests. On the other hand, property damage (the car) claims are usually fairly straightforward; it's the bodily injury part that gets tricky. Move very slowly and deliberately and don't sign anything without running it past a lawyer. Good luck!

The Alabama Rules of Professional Responsibility direct that I state that no representation is made herein that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. ALSO: Be advised that our discussion here does not in any way establish an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues that your daughter and her friend both need attorney representation as soon as possible. Do not talk to the insurance adjuster any more. I handle claims like this throughout the state and would be happy to discuss your rights with you and your daughter.

Alabama law requires that I inform you that no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer