Skip to main content

Do I still need to install interlock device after 2 years

Carson, CA |

I received a dui 2 years ago. I have paid all fines but I still haven't installed an interlock device. I have gotten use to riding my bicycle. License has been suspended for 2 years now. Do I still need to install the interlock for the 6 months to get my license reinstated?

I have taken all the required classes and meetings as well. Dui occurred in los angeles county. I ended up taking a plea with the DA. Its 2 years probation and install iid for 6 months. I could have installed device at anytime after the conviction. In order for me to get my license reinstated I need to have that device installed. Just wondering if I still am required to do it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Does your consent judgment, probation terms provide for a 2 year suspension first and then an additional 6 months of the interlock device. Likely not. Read the judgment language and look for the specific terms provided. Add that to a comment so we can see what the judge has specifically stated or alternatively take the judgment of conviction and the other documents you received to a criminal attorney near you. Should not be more than $200 and 30 minutes of time to answer your question for you.

Attorney is Licensed in Arizona, California, and Colorado only. The opinions and comments offered are in the nature of general business advice relating to generic questions that might be raised. The use of this site is not intended to form an attorney client relationship of any kind. The reader is advised that every situation is different and you should always consult in person with a licensed attorney for the particular jurisdiction in question when your legal rights may be effected.


It is highly likely if you are asking for a restricted license or asking to shorten your suspension. If you have completed your suspension in full, then it is less likely. There are not enough facts supplied to provide a meaningful answer. I suggest contacting an attorney to review the facts and develop a strategy. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.


Hire a criminal lawyer to handle this matter.