Skip to main content

Do I report a business that I use to market my main employment and does not generate any income or expense?

Houston, TX |

I am employed full time by a company and make commission on sales along with the work I do. I also have a proprietorship assumed name with an ein that I use to help generate sales for my full time job and any commission or expense is handle by my main employer. Basically my business is a refers customers to my employer. How do I report this for tax purposes.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Consult with a tax attorney or CPA, particularly the one who prepares your taxes. Look in the yellow pages for either or use AVVO's "Find a Lawyer" tool for the tax lawyer.

My response herein is an attempt to give you general information and direction and is not intended to constitute an attorney-client relationship as perceived by state law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer