Skip to main content

Do I really need a Family Law Attorney? If so, Where can I find a Lower Income one?

Winter Haven, FL |

My Exes family (his stepmother and father)is constantly harassing me every time I go to pick up our son, or when he and I have a disagreement over the phone he passes it to his parents. If i refuse to answer them they call me about 10 times. He doesn't have his own phone or stable home so I'm presently stuck dealing with them. The only time he cares to see our son is when they ask him to bring him. Apparently their harassment isn't enough for an injunction so what can I do? He pays child support occasionally and refuses to help with any medical or day care expenses. I cant afford a lawyer at the moment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am sorry that you are going through this, one idea would be for you to file a contempt or a like kind action in your state for his behavior and for not paying support timely, and ask for costs and attny fees, sometimes attny's will take that case knowing they will get paid that way. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


Contact your county legal aid and see if they will take your case or have a pro bono attorney willing to assist. You can also contact the Department of Revenue support enforcement division, since you are not receiving support or medical costs. In addition, your local county bar association may have a low cost legal panel referral system.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655


Yes, I would hire a family attorney to file a motion for contempt and enforcement.

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer