Do I qualify for deferred action by president Obama on June 15,2012

Frederick, MD |

It says you have to had been in the US on June 15,2007 but I arrived 2 months later in August but I meet ever other crateria but this one. Is there a possibility that I may still get the work permit? Thank you!

You need at meet ALL of the criteria to qualify.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.

But it's just 4 years and 10 months

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

It may not seem fair, but you are not eligible under this program.

When I was a child I got deported three times do I still qualify for the deferred action?

No, sadly you have to have been in the U.S. by June 15 , 2007 to qualify. Since you did not arrive until 2 months later, I would recommend applying for deferred action.

No, you do not qualify.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

When is the first time you came to the U.S.? The continuous physical presence requirement allows for casual breaks in presence. If you first came in August 2007 then you are not eligible.