Skip to main content

Do I qualify for DACA?

Chicago, IL |

I temporarily came to the U.S. before I turned 16, I left the country after a month stay, returned after approximately 2 years and continuously stayed since then until today when I am 30. I graduated from a U.S. high school and university. Do I qualify for DACA if my presence in the U.S. was interrupted from 1998 to 2000?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Based on what you say it would appear so. You should consult with an attorney to ensure there are no other issues that would render you ineligible.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


If you have documentation to prove you were here before turning 16, and can prove you were continuously present from June 15, 2007 to June 15, 2012 and meet all other qualifications then you should.


I agree with my colleagues. However, you say you we're not in the country from age 16 to 18. Meaning you entered as an adult. May be another significant issue. Do consult an experienced immigration lawyer for guidance.

J Thomas Smith


Likely yes , but make sure you have proof.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer