Skip to main content

Do I qualify for an annulment in florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I met my wife on south beach an we fell in love way to fast. She moved here from switzerland an we filed for permanent residency. No less then 4 months later I find a mans number saved under her sisters name an a text to go have breakfast. When confronted she blamed me an said I dont show her love am in a weeks time moved out an said she doesn't love me an doesnt wan't to live with me. It has only been five months since marriage.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. You would have to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.


No, you have not stated anything that would allow you to have your marriage annuled.


Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951

Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you.


From the information provided in the post, an annulment is out of the question. As Mr. Famada stated, a dissolution of marriage what you need to file. If you have further questions, I would recommend that you consult with an experienced local family law attorney to discuss your potential legal options. I hope this helps and good luck.



Even if she only maried me for papers an thought she could maybe grow to love me


No, not for an annulment based on the information you have provided. If that man whose number you found is a prior husband from an undissolved marriage then I would re evaluate my answer. You do qualify for a dissolution of the marriage based upon the definition of a short term marriage in FL. Your obligations to her under those circumstances are very limited and are not based upon the fault of either party. For further information call for an appointment at 954 522 1922

DISCLAIMER STATEMENT FOR ANYONE READING THIS BLOG OR QUESTION POSERS ON AVVO: The response to questions posted on facebook which are responses to questions submitted by anonymous persons on AVVO are in no way intended to establish any form of attorney-client relationship with either the anonymous AVVO question submitters or any facebook readers nor should they rely on this information in any pending legal matter. The responses given are deemed as responses to general questions and fact scenarios posed as an educational exercise only, should in no way be deemed legal advice provided to any persons in states in which the author is not licensed to practice law or viewed as a solicitation of clients from those states in which the author is not duly licensed to practice law, should not been deemed as psychological counseling advice or psychological advice for which this author is in no way qualified to provide nor should any reader rely on any such information without first seeking advice from an attorney at law, licensed in the state of the reader’s residence in regard to any information posted or from a licensed qualified psychiatrist, psychologist, mental health employee, licensed clinical social worker, marriage counselor or other persons licensed by their respective state to provide mental health advice. To the best of the author’s knowledge the questions may well be generated for pedagogical purposes only and not necessarily posted from real persons seeking legal advice.