Do I need to withdraw my application for citizenship and resubmit it since my interview was canceled and I was never rescheduled

Washington, DC |

I was scheduled for an interview for citizenship and 5 minutes before the interview an officer said that it was canceled. From October 9th, 2012 to this day (March 18th, 2013) I wasn't rescheduled for an interview. The officer said that it had nothing to do with my case. When I made an appointment to the immigration local office to inquire about the status of the interview, they said that more background check needed to be done on my case ... after I was told that it had nothing to do with my case.

You need to schedule an inforpass and inquire.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If the holdup is indeed a background check, refiling is not going to solve the issue.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Follow up with an InfoPass. If that does not work, hire an attorney to look into it.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104