Skip to main content

Do i need to sue cps for harrasment and ignoring me while i have an ongoing case?

Mesa, AZ |

I just dont know what to do i have called so many numbers and have tried for the past month in a half to get information on my case let alone about my son and why i am having to go threw this and both me and my fiance get laughed at have been ignored and harrased for no reason if i ask a question i get told to leave messages after messages and for a month in a half no one will return my calls....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You don't necessarily need to sue anyone, but you do need to make sure your voice is being heard. If you haven't already, you should visit the Juvenile Court and review your child's file--make sure you are up to date on the information, have the names of all attorneys and parties involved, are following the Case Management Plan and are attending any Court hearings. Put messages to CPS in email or send via fax or certified mail to prove delivery. You should provide the other parties with copies of any messages you send to CPS so you can ensure everyone is informed. You can also call the CPS Family Advocate line at 1-877-527-0765 or 602-364-0777. I'm posting a link to their page which also has a Client Grievance Form that you should complete. Most importantly, though, I suggest you get in touch with a qualified Juvenile Attorney. CPS is understaffed and it is often for families to feel that they aren't getting through to anyone. Your rights to your child are in jeopardy--you should get help navigating the system. Good luck to you and your family.

You can reach DeWitt-Lopez Law, P.C. by calling 602.263.3900 or visiting All of my responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and my response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice in the State of Arizona. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer