Skip to main content

Do I need to submit a copy of I-94 with I-485 packet?

Westport, CT |

I am being sponsored by my husband who is US citizen. Do I need to submit a copy of I-94 arrival record. The only time there is a mention is under I-765 instructions and even there I am not totally sure if that applies to me.
Entered as visitor and overstayed.

Thank you.

I do have a visa in my passport and 'admitted stamp' with date.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Yes, to prove that you entered legally.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


You better do, if you want to be able to adjust here in the US. The burden is yours to show lawful admission.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


Yes. You have to prove you entered legally, and the I-94 is what you include to prove that.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Knowing you have found my answer helpful encourages me to answer more questions for others.

Thank you and best of luck!

Dwight D. Myfelt, Esq.
Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association

Please be advised that my response above is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you any myself. You should NOT take action based solely upon this response. I have not conducted the complete inquiry into all the facts of your case which I would undertake if you had retained me to act as your attorney. Additional facts which we would discuss if you hired me to represent you may very well change the response I have provided above. I strongly recommend you talk to an attorney who is experienced in immigration law in order to receive advice specific to your case. All of the responses which I post on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and should be considered to be a form of advertisement.


You must demonstrate a lawful entry and should submit a copy of the I-94.


Great answers from my colleagues. So much so that I have nothing to add.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: