Do I need to send in copy of my DS 2019 and I20s from when I was on J visa and F visa when applying for AOS?

Germantown, MD |

I was subject to 2 year rule on my J visa and I completed it, then I was on F visa. Do I need to send in copy of my visa stamps, entry stamps and I20s and DS2019 along with other forms for my AOS application? Thanks!

You need to provide satisfactory evidence of having completed the 2 year home country requirement. This depends on the totality of the evidence presented.

Depends on the basis for the AOS.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

based on marriage with us citizen

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Then read Ajay answer and No, you do not need those forms as long as you can establish two year residence in your country upon completion of the J1 program. IN YOUR COUNTRY, not just outside of the USA.

I agree with other counsel on this question, depends on the particulars of your situation. Utilize the international student resources available at your school if possible.

This response is meant for general information only and does not constitute legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.