Skip to main content

Do I need to report address changes as a permanent resident?

Los Angeles, CA |

My mom took care of the permanent resident processes as I was young back when it was being done so I was unaware of this fact. I hear it's a misdemeanor to not report them, can I still report them late?

+ Read More

Filed under: Green cards
Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Yes, you need to file. However, while I generally do not file any of my cases online, the AR-11 form is the only one I do feel comfortable with and actually trust more than the paper based one. So the option is there, paper or online.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, you must file a form AR-11.

Go to US CIS to download the form ... don't trust the online system ... send the form via CERTIFIED MAIL, with a RETURN RECEIPT.

Yes it is a misdemeanor ... yes you can file late.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


File AR-11 - paper or on-line (I prefer paper). You can file it late.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.


Yes. Use the AR-11 form.