Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

Do I need to provide my "USCIS Online Account Number" on form N-400? Should I leave it blank if I'm not sure if I have one?

Form N-400 is asking for my USCIS online account number. I don't recall having one. However, if there is one, I am assuming it should be available somewhere under my online profile on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

I used to utilize this website to track the progress of my applications pending with USCIS. However, it's been quite a few years and I have forgotten my password. Knowing my User ID and Email address, I used the "Forgot My Password" option although I have not been able to regain access to my account. In fact, the system has blocked me after trying to log in several times. Per the website's suggestion, I sent an email to USCIS tech support asking for help. Given their workload, I am assuming there won't be a response anytime soon. I do not want to waste time applying for citizenship either. Would I be in trouble in any form or shape with USCIS if I leave the question asking for my "USCIS Online Account Number" blank? Please advise any alternative solution(s). Thank you so very much!

| 3 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content

28731EB2-58E3-4EAD-9AF7-03A80A94D0EF