Skip to main content

Do I need to get an attorney?

Pell City, AL |

We were in a car accident that was not our fault. The other driver and his insurance has accepted liability. I want this handled as quickly as possible and am not looking to sue anyone. At the same time, I don't want to get taken advantage of either. Should I sign their paperwork and accept what they offer or should I have an attorney do this for me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Get an attorney to make are it is handled properly.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


It is never a good aidea to sign legal papers without consulting with an atorney. You can have a free consultation with a PI attorney in your area. Follow his advice. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


You are best off to hire a lawyer or at the least call an attorney to understand more your legal rights. I would be hesitant to sign anything without having a lawyer look it over. We receive many calls where people have tried to handle their claim on their own or settled their case prematurely and they are calling our office to get out of the settlement or for us to take over the case. It is a lot harder for a lawyer to take on a case after there have been a lot of communications between the client and the insurance company. Although I certainly appreciate that you want this over with understanding that you don't want to be taken advantage of, I think it would be wise to call an attorney to make sure you understand all your legal rights.

Call The Husband And Wife Law Team for help and answers to all your questions. What lawyers have to say: Any answers to questions are not to be considered legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.


It probably won't cost anything to hire an attorney. Why not ask?

Sending an email or posting a question does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client privilege. The comments and opinions expressed in Jon Groth's comments are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Reading or using the information in this blog does not create the existence of an attorney-client privilege. Due to the changing nature of the law, the blog posts may contain dated material. For an update on the current law and the application of the law to your particular facts and circumstances, consult a legal advisor. The information contained herein is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your state.


You should talk to an attorney before you do anything. They will not offer you what the case is worth without an attorney. Feel free to call me at any time if you have questions on your damages or what the case is worth. You can call me at 256-337-0648 or 1-800-752-1998.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Without a lawyer, you will get a tiny nuisance settlement at best. A local insurance company in Pennsylvania settles cases with unrepresented parties for 11 cents on the dollar on average.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer