Skip to main content

Do I need to get a lawyer for wrongful termination?

Benicia, CA |

DM altered my statements.Never being told that the investigations were voluntary.I feel like i was retaliated against because each time i called HR all of a sudden a whole new set of investigations began.I was only allowed to answer yes/no questions and was not allowed to elaborate on the situation.I was not allowed to ask questions and when I did ask a question i was immediately told that the investigation was over.I was told by head of security the investigations were not conducted appropriately when he came to do his investigation on the original investigators.I know california is an "at-will" state, but there has to be something I can do..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hiring a lawyer in a case like this is absolutely essential.


Your post provides no facts that would allow anyone here to assist you in determining if you have a meritorious claim of unlawful harassment, retaliation or discrimination or wrongful termination. There are many situations where what you report would not be unlawful.

It is a good thing that you wish to consult with an attorney. In the confidential consultation, you should share all of the more specific facts.

Unfortunately, the question and answer site is not the place to recruit an attorney. Instead, I suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


Your situation is very fact specific. You should meet with a lawyer face to face.

Don't forget to check "Helpful" if I helped you out. This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances. My responses are also given in the context of the laws of the State of Louisiana. To the extent this comment involves principles of law governed by another state my comment merely reflects my opinion and should not be considered legal advice.