Skip to main content

Do I need to file I-485 Supplement A ? I am married to a U.S. citizen and filing I-130 and I-485 together.

Miami, FL |

I came to the U.S. in 2008 December, and after my I-94 expired I over stayed about 2 years. After i got married to a U.S citizen and now filing both I-130 and I-485.
Do I need to file I-485 Supplement A also and pay extra $1000..?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, no penalty fee is needed.


No, the penalty does not apply to immediate relatives which is your category as the spouse of a u.s. citizen. By the way, you should have an attorney represent you. Immigration may seem like just filling out some forms, but that is deceptive and could affect the outcome of your case.

The answering of this question in no way creates an attorney client relationship. The response to your question should not be relied upon as legal advice.