Skip to main content

Do i need to file for a green card?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have an approved i360 (vawa) and I am waiting for the notice to arrive by post. I filed my petition from outside US. I wish to know if i need to file for a green card now or will i be doing that in the US? and what might I be asked at my interview if I have any ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

If issued an immigrant visa abroad, there will be no need to file for green card once in the US.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


If you are issued the visa abroad, you do not need to file for a green card in the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


No, You need to get an interview for an immigrant visa.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.


Wait for the notice and follow the instructions.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.