Do I need my full tax return or just W2s to include with immigration form I-864?

Jersey City, NJ |

I am a US citizen and my husband is European, applying for a Greencard. I haven't done my taxes for 2010 yet, do I need to include my full 2010 tax return or just my W2s with form I-864? I am including my full tax returns for 2009 and 2008. We would like to send the immigration forms in as soon as possible, but should we wait until after I meet with my accountant (in early April) and can include the full 2010 return?

Thank you.

You need the tax returns and W2 for the most recent tax year. The other tax years are optional. I think you should wait until you file your taxes because you may get a request for evidence if you do not submit the 2010 tax returns.

This information is general and not intended as legal advice. I am not your attorney.

You can submit the 2009 and 2008 tax returns and W-2s, and the 2010 W-2 now. Once you have filed the 2010 tax return, you will submit a copy of that too. Depending on how your husband is applying for permanent residence, he will either submit the up-to-date documentation at the adjustment of status interview, or at the consulate for the immigrant visa interview.