Skip to main content

Do i need my ex boyfriend to sign also to have me removed from a condo deed, also if i decide not to remove my name from the

Miami, FL |

deed how much at risk is my name in i did call the mortgage company and they said i have no issue with the mortgage because i am not on the note, but now do i just surrender my rights and remove my name from deed or do i have an monetary rights towards it or is it worth it and just remove my name and can you explain to me if i did leave my name on deed how much responsibilities and problems can i have if he doesn't pay his mortgage which it includes his taxes and home owners association maintenance monthly fees, should i just throw in the towel and sign away and how do i do this

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are not on the note and mortgage, then you could quit claim your interest to your ex and walk away. If there is equity in the property, then you might be better off selling your interest to your ex or to someone that he would want to co-own the property with. If you could actually find your own buyer, you could sell your share; but it would be pretty unlikely that anyone would want to buy into a property with a stranger/owner living in it.

Dennis Phillips is an attorney and financial planner based in South Florida. He is a member of the Florida bar, he holds the nation-wide Series 65 Investment Advisor license, and holds an insurance license in Florida and Virginia. Disclaimer: The response above is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, would significantly alter the above response.


Isn't this the third time you have asked this question today?? You really should hire an attorney since this forum does not have sufficient information from the wording of your questions to properly advise you on this matter.

Carol Johnson Law Firm, P.A. : (727) 647-6645 : : Wills, Trusts, Real Property, Probate, Special Needs: Information provided here is anecdotal and should not be relied upon or considered legal advice. Every matter is different and answers given here are general in nature and may not reflect current Florida law at the time you are reading this posting. Please contact me if you feel you need additional assistance with your matter.


You can deed your interest to your boyfriend. However, there are some concerns with doing that. You should consult an experienced real estate lawyer in your area.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer