Skip to main content

Do I need malpractice attorney?

Tampa, FL |

My wife was 7 mnths prgnt and had a small amt of dschrge when she wnt to bthrm. Clld OB &NURSE on call clled bk was vry cavalier and tld us to call nxt day4 apt. Dcded to go to ER. Was a leak, dr sd cld be in hsptl 4 2 wks bt no big deal. Wnt to triage where nrses were mch mre cncrnd as was my Physician wife. Dctr on call mngd her over the phne. At 930 pm nrse tld dctr she thght the lwer bk pain was cnstnt wth pre-trm lbr dctr tld her was b/c she was 7 mnths prgnt. . Bcme clr the babies were going to cme & dctr sd at mdnght she wld cme in. Dctr didn't shw up til 2am and imdtlt wnt to drs lnge aftr ordrng strds. Cme bk at 4 whle wfe was in agny & hvng cntrcts. Mxd her out on mag sulfate to rlx utris. Wnt into lbr 2 hrs ltr & thn 5 hrs aftr tht almst bld to dth & had utrs rmvd b/c ws atonic

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9


Sorry, no one can decode your abbreviations, so you are not likely to get an accurate answer. I think you are talking about medical malpractice, right? If so, please re-write your questions and put it on the medical malpractice section.

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.


I'm not sure I understood all those abbreviations, but I understood enough of them to tell you that in order to properly and professionally evaluate your situation, you need to see a first-class medical malpractice attorney. I know a very good one in St. Pete, and if you e-mail me off-line I will give you his name and number. Good luck!

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!


I changed the practice area from bankruptcy to medical malpractice. I think I understood your question quite clearly and you need a medical malpractice attorney. If I understand you correctly, your wife lost her uterus and that is a serious issue. You may contact me for a medical malpractice attorney that should be able to help you.

I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.


I am not sure I understood all of the facts either. In particular it is unclear to me if your baby and wife are okay. We need to know what I juries were suffered in order to help you evaluate a potential claim.


Have a local med mal lawyer order here records and have an expert review.


As the others have said, it is difficult to interpret, but the best I can tell is your was in preterm labor and had severe post-op bleeding. If you can add on the conclusion, you might get better answers. What happened? Did she recover after the transfusions? How is your wife doing now? Does she have any permanent injuries, like hysterectomy? How is baby doing? It does sound like she was poorly managed, but what, if any permanent problems does she have. those are questions that a Florida malpractice attorney would need to know to help you.


Sounds like this needs to be evaluated by a med mal attorney and another OB/GYN

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me, or visit my website


Not enough information. Please re-submit a clear summary including the issues commented upon by the other attorneys.


I am sorry your wife went throught this experience. Your matter is ceratinly worthy of further investigation. You should contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney who will consult with you, and thereafter obtain your wife's medical records for review by the appropriate specialists in maternal fetal medicine. Best wishes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer