Skip to main content

Do i need another attorney?

Shiloh, GA |

car accident 9 / 2012 , no repairs have been made to truck , no med pay has been received , no surgery has been done .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


Another attorney? Why?


I always encourage people to work with their attorneys and have honest conversations about where the case is headed and how long it will take to get there. September is still relatively early for any resolution. You obviously chose this attorney for a reason. You should ask him where things are and then if you're unsatisfied you can consider switching. It should be a last resort not a first. Good luck and I hope you're able to work through the issues.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!


Talk to your attorney and try to understand what he can accomplish for you. For example, he/she has no control over whether you should have a surgery. If you feel unsatisfied with the answers you receive you can always get a second opinion.


If you've failed to see your doctor and arrange surgery, an attorney is unable to make a demand.

It sounds like you need to sit down with your lawyer and determine what you should do yourself and what he will do to assist the process.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


It is still very early for your attorney to file a personal injury claim for you. But, you shall work closely with him to address your medical treatment, medical bill and property loss issues.


I would encourage you to have a sit down with your attorney to get educated on the process and what to expect in your claim.


You need to communicate with your attorney to ask him or her what timeframe you are looking at to accomplish the issues you've raised. There are many factors which affect how long a claim can take.


Yes you do need an attorney. Call me I can help.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033


You have not provided enough info for us to give you a response, other than it sounds as though nothing has been done on the case. For example, you refer to med-pay which is optional coverage that you would carry on your own policy. Ga. is not a no-fault state and the other party is not required to pay your medical bills unless a jury tells it to, or if you settle your case with them and your settlement includes payment of your meds. If you have med. bills and med-pay coverage then submit the bills to your insurer for payment. If you have collision coverage, let your insurer fix your truck, but you will have to pay your deductible, which you can then recover from the party at fault. Your insurer will get their money back from the other party through a process called subrogation. If you do not have med-pay or collision coverage, and the wreck was not your fault, you should contact a personal injury attorney before you speak to anyone else about your case or your truck damages and injuries.

Robert G. Rothstein, Attorney at Law
Feel free to contact us for a no-charge review of your case at www.

something you would carry as an option on your insurance

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you for educational and informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate that to Avvo. Thank you.


Did you call your lawyer to discuss? If the lawyer isn't doing his job, you may switch lawyers at any time.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer