Skip to main content

Do i need an immigration attorney?

Spokane, WA |

i was asked to interpret for a friend for an appointment with a provation officer. the appointment was to obtain an ankle bra e for home monitoring program. The probation officer informed my friend he was being detained as She received a verbal ICE hold. on him. he was not in custody. my friend was signing up for the home monitor program for a DUI. is there a possibility my firned can get bailed out and avoid the ICE hol?

he is illigal. no

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Do you need an immigration attorney? Not from the facts presented. However, your friend probably does. Pay the bail and the ice hold will still be there.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.


There is a possibility that ICE will set a bail, but it depends on various factors including what your friend's immigration status is. Is he a green card holder, or does he have a temporary visa?

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


He needs to retain an experienced immigration attorney who can examine his complete immigration and criminal history to provide a legal opinion as to what relief he may be able to obtain based on current immigration law. Your facts would appear he is being detained for the ICE hold so there is no way to avoid it. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Your friend needs an experienced immigration attorney. Once he pays the crimimal bond or is releasable from those charges, ICE will probably pick him up. ..