Do i need an I-601 when I go to my next interview date at the consulate in Juarez?

Las Vegas, NV |

My husband has his second interview date in juarez and the consulate informed him he needed at I-601. Our lawyers office on the other hand says we dont. They say we just need two waivers. I am confused as to what I should do. For the first appointment my husband had to get additional papers that our lawyer didnt give us. What should I do to be prepared?

Filed under: Immigration

An I-601 is the form for the waiver(s). I'm not sure why your lawyers would tell you that you didn't need an I-601, but you do need two waivers. I think this is an attorney/client communication snafu. Go back to your lawyer and try to get them to explain better.

It is impossible to say for sure from what you posted but you may want to speak with another attorney. It is probable that you do need a 601 waiver.
Best Regards,
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

What kind of waiver he needs depends on why he is inadmissible. If both grounds fall under categories that are filed on Form I-601, he needs only one application for both grounds. He needs two applications if one is covered by Form I-601 and another one by Form I-212. I suggest that you ask your lawyer to explain to you why the waiver is needed and what application form applies for each ground.

San Francisco Immigration Attorney for removal defense, all work visas and avenues to permanent residence, investors, and naturalization. Call 415.834.0600 for free phone consultation - mention Avvo! 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 728, San Francisco, CA 94104 / www.lawbridges.com

Get an appointment with your lawyer asap. He/she owes you a duty. He/she should explain his position (strategy) to you in a clear fashion.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Perhaps you should get a second opinion to see what is really needed here. The cost should be nominal and it can give you some peace of mind.