Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney to represent my case in reference to my brother's petition?

Mililani, HI |

My petition for my brother was approved in 1990 even though I gained citizenship through adaption,however, he was denied visa during a recent interview (20 Oct. 2013) because the interviewer believes that it wasn't legal (though it was before 1990, a bases for their approval) and that the length of separation (23 years) no longer validates our relationship as biological brothers. As I pursued their case over the last 23 years, I didn't received any letter of denial from National Visa Center, stating my petition were invalid or denied because of my citizenship gained through adaption. Please advise.
thank you..

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 4


I think your title question is a very personal one and has to do with your ability to navigate a situation. It seems that you would definitely benefit from the competent legal help.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Yes. You surely do.


This calls for examining all the documents involved. Find an attorney.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer