Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney to help me if my wages are being garnished from a previous judgement and my family is under poverty.

Tampa, FL |

I had to go to mediation about 7 years ago about a vehicle that was voluntarily reposessed

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


There is no harm seeing a consumer protection attorney. Just because there is a judgment against you does not mean that there are no rules in the way a judgment can be collected. The consumer protection attorney can screen to see if the judgment is being collected within the parameters of the Law. A lot of the time collection firms will violate statutes like the FDCPA and you may actually have a claim and not know it. Should you have such a claim, you can use that as leverage to perhaps try to erase or reduce the judgment against you

Kazerouni Law Group, APC is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 800-400-6808, or through one of the evaluation forms on this or at our own website at The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or as forming an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship between the reader and Abbas Kazerounian has been formed. If you are in the State of California and would be interested in a formal free consultation either visit Kazerouni Law Group, APC website at or call me toll free at 800-400-6808.


Another option would be to consult a bankruptcy attorney to get rid of this and any other debts permanently.

Trying to handle legal issues on your own is like changing the oil on your car. Some can do it themselves, some cannot. Those that cannot take it to a specialist to get the oil changed. Some that can still take to a professional to make sure it gets done correctly. Some can do it as good as the professional.

First, the firm is a debt relief agency according to the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. We help people file for bankruptcy. We also do other stuff and we do it well, but Congress wants me to post this notice. Second, nothing on this site is legal advice. You are not my client unless you enter into a written agreement signed by you and me.


DIY exemptions forms are possible.


You can file documents to stop the garnishment if you are head of household and have dependents. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.