Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney to expunge a class b marijuana possesion misdemeanor?

Beaumont, TX |

Caught with less than 2 ozs in different bags while driving, I did some work for the d.a. they said they called me and i didnt answer,which I was unaware of, so they put out a warrant and charged me with possession.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unless you've left a lot of the steps out of this, I don't think you need to worry about an expunction just yet. It sounds like you're saying that you've got a warrant out in you at the moment, and if that's the case, you need to find a good criminal defense attorney who can help you with your case and make arrangements for you to turn yourself in and make bond. An expunction would only be a possibility if down the road your case ended up getting dismissed or you went to trial and got acquitted.


I agree with Ms. Fooley. It sounds like you are still actively involved with the court process. If that is the case then finish the process and worry about the charge being expunged later.

"Nothing in this communication is meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. The information is provided for educational purposes only. No action will be taken on your behalf unless you have have hired me and entered into a written retainer agreement. I am only licensed in Tennessee and I suggest contacting an attorney in your specific city and state as soon as possible to avoid any statute of limitations deadlines, if applicable."


Expunction isn't an option until a case is either dismissed or acquitted at trial. What you need right now is a defense attorney to try to reach the first goal.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


If you have a warrant for your marijuana case you need to take care of that first. Many prosecutors will file a separate charge of failure to appear. You need to hire an attorney to help resolve your charges.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Marijuana Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,