Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney if I file an affidavit of heirship in Arkansas? We are selling the property. What do we need to do after?

Clarksville, AR |

Affidavit has been filed? M deceased dad had no other debts. DO we need an attorney to help me get the money or can I do this on my own.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would suggest that you at least consult with an atty in Clarksville. You don't need to hire him/her to handle the estate just to give you guidance.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less


You can go to the County Circuit Clerks office and get an Affidavit of Small Estates have it correctly signed and then file it with the clerk. Then if you are wanting to sell real estate you will have to file a notice of your appointment as representative of the estate in a local newspaper . You should get an attorney to assist you with this process