Skip to main content

Do I need an attorney? The(at fault)driver got out of jail for a similar reckless driving less than 2 wks ago,and hit me head-on

Ketchikan, AK |

Three days ago, I was in a car accident that totaled my car. The kid had borrowed a car (didn't have a drivers license) and was racing a 3rd vehicle out of a parking lot and hit me almost head on. Totaled my vehicle. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, and have issues from the accident (torn rotator cuff). Turns out, he was convicted a month ago for reckless driving w/injury, and not having a license. His insurance lady seems rather pushy that I need to make a decision quickly so that I can replace my car, and to just "accept the check" to get a new car. I just don't know what to do. I've never been in an accident before, and I still have another doctor to see next week for my arm. As of now, I can't even lift it up, and it's my dominant arm.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

The attorney's responses to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. For a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of Powers Sellers & Finkelstein, PLC. at (855) PSF-firm.


You should contact a personal injury attorney before accepting the check from the insurance company or before signing any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer