Do i need a workers comp lawyer

Tucson, AZ |

car accident 7 years ago i spent like a year in the 3 different hospitals i was working delivering pizza for too many hours and i do not even remember it drug enduced acoma for 2 months workers comp payed my lost wages then cut me off because i left the state so it took me 2 and a half years to even walk no law suit or money or help w recovery

Which state you were in when the accident occurred?

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

Since most states have different statutes of limitation, we need to know where you were injured to give a proper answer.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

We need to know the state where you were injured and the date you were injured to give you more than generalities. In addition to the pay you received, you were entitled to compensation for the permanent injury to your body. Hopefully the statute of limitations has not run. Why would you wait 7 years to assert a claim?

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

Yes you do.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

I would suggest consulting with a lawyer in the state where the accident took place. The fact that they paid some benefits indicates that the case was open at some time, and in some jurisdictions like Arizona you have the right to file a re-opening of your case, under certain circumstances. Meeting with an attorney in the state where it happended will allow you to become aware of what rights, if any, you may have. Best of luck, and sorry to hear about your tragic circumstances.