Do I need a real estate attorney?

Evansville, IN |

I was in a contract sale on a home for 8 years. In 2007 the owners quit claimed the property to me. I was unaware of this until I paid my property taxes and was told that I owned the title to the property. The owners claimed this was a mistake.. So I just went ahead and signed the property back over. In 2007 I got married and wanted out of the contract. The owners wanted the house back so they let me out of contract. They drew up documents that released me.Now I find out the quit claimed it back to me last year. Stating that I payed for the home and gave me title. Now they saying I have to sign it back. I will but I want to be reimbursed for $5000 the amount I paid on the property. Do I have to sign it back.? Can I demand my money

he short answer is yes you need an attorney in your state. This seems like somewhat of a mess and will need some sorting out before you sign anything see an attorney.

Good Luck